Monday, January 12, 2009

The Run to work

It's been a busy week, I haven't had a chance to write much.

Last week I ran into work, I'm not 100% sure what the distance was, I think it was somewhere between 9 and 11 miles. It took about 95 minutes. It was tough going, I think it was more mentally tough than physically tough.

When I'm on a normal run, if you don't feel up to it, you stop and head back home, normally I'm within a few kilometres of the house so it's easy to turn back. Running to work on the other hand, gives you a deadline and a destination. I've got to be in work at 9 and if I turn back I will be very late.

I think it's good practice for a marathon, it will help when I cross the start line with 26 miles to go, it will help me not to be overawed by the distance.

No comments: