Thursday, August 21, 2008

Things that happened on this date...

I was browsing wikipedia and I notice it is 4 years since The Scream by Edvard Munch was stolen at gunpoint.

It reminded me of a visit to Oslo back in 2005 / 6. I went to the the Tourist Information office (Traffiken) and asked how to get to the Munch Museum. They told me get the train to Toyen and there are signs all the way from there.

So I went and got on a train, got to Toyen, walked through the rain to the museum. When I got there I was soaked and not happy. I was not happy because the museum had been closed since 2004 because of the above robbery!!!!

Things they could have told me in the the Tourist Office. Did they think I wanted to look at the outside of the building!!!

I did get into the Museum in 2007 but I remember the first trip more vividly.

No comments: