Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ryanair Vs. The screen scrapers

Ryanair are cancelling flights booked through aggregator websites. These sites basically use the information made public on Ryanair's website and sell on the flights to their customers and i think they take a commission.

I'd love to know the reason why Ryanair object to this? Is it because they are protective of their customers? Hmmm, maybe not. Is it because they don't won't someone else squeezing more money out of the customers, money they could have squeezed out of them? Or is there something more to it?

I'd say the visitor stats on Ryanair's site would be enormous and this would presumably equate to lots of cross sales, hotel rooms, car hire, credit card products. By lots, I mean enough to cancel all the flights that have been booked through other sites.

I'm not sure which side of the fence I'd go for but I'm veering towards Ryanair and that is saying something. They are protecting their product and brand and their brand is so much more than just flights.

I'm agreeing with Ryanair, oh the shame!!!

No comments: