Friday, August 1, 2008

Cuil, not so cool yet!

You've probably heard the hype about Cuil, the new search engine to rival Google. It has somehow gotten into all the papers and even the television news, not to mention The Register.

I thought I would take a look and see if it was worth using and so far the answer is a big resounding no, not yet at least.

I did some random searches, one for Ruud Gullit and it comes up with his wikipedia entrance but beside it is a picture of a dog! Hmmm. The images they show with the results can be peculiar to say the least. A dog and Ruud Gullit, it's not as bad as Jonathon Grattage.

I did a search for "using xml with .net" and got no results about XML or .Net but lots of links to poker sites. I do like the alternative categories it gives you to the right of your results but that's about all I like.

I'm going to come back in a few weeks and see if it has indexed some technological websites and has sorted it's images out.

No comments: