Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's Alive! Alive!

I've been having bike troubles (when are you not having bike troubles I hear you say!) , what's new? So my bike didn't want to accelerate past 60kmph, which is all well and good on most of my journies but there are times when I would like to (and need to) go faster.

I rang 5 or 6 mechanics in Dublin today and all were booked up well into the new year. I decided to take matters into my own hands, so I oiled the chain, got the WD40 out and I lubricated manies a joint and I fiddled with something at the front of the chain (I don't know what it was!).

I went out for a ride, to the local shopping centre, I had to pick up some gifts, and on my way back I decided to pull back the throttle on a long straight road and low and behold, she roared. She roareth the roar of a bat out of hell and accelerated like, well a 250 maurader.

It's great to have her back!!!

No comments: