Monday, December 3, 2007

The cleansheet is gone

Up until tonight I proudly had a cleansheet when it came to bike accidents. Tonight that all changed. I was coming home and at the last roundabout, I heard a pop, and the backwheel went out from until me. I tried to hold it but I couldn't.

Down she went and the engine popped a ball of smoke and dumped my oil all over the road. There were some nice people to help me up and I am fine (so far). A bumped knee and hip and a bit of a twinge in the shoulder from trying to keep her up. Hopefully it won't get worse over night.

What I want to know is what happened. What was the pop before I went down? did my engine leak oil and put me down.

I've gone through that roundabout thousands of times, and I was completely switched on when it happened. I'm going to investigate.

I'll let you know what I find.

No comments: