Monday, July 23, 2007

Oslo Dreaming - Part I

I spent the last weekend in one of my favorite cities in the whole wide world, Oslo, Norway. I was over to visit my great friend Mr. Kearns. It was my 10th visit!!!

So I left work and headed to Dublin Airport (boo hiss) and I went straight to security because I had already checked in with SAS. I queued for about 15 minutes before I got tothe top of the queue and was told that I couldn't go through as there was no barcode on my print out.

I had to trapse back to the desk and check in again! Grr!!! I complained at the check in desk and was told I could complain to SAS directly. So I went over and did that and they only went and upgraded me. They were great about it!

So I now skipped that security queue because I was a business traveller.

The flight was great, a hot meal, free drinks, a cognac afterwards. It is a hard life being a jetsetter.

When I got to Oslo I went to duty free and picked up some champers, if not, why not!

I got on the flytoget (airport express train) to Oslo Sentral and then from there to Montobello a plush suburb of Oslo. Mr Kearns was there to meet me from the train and we went and dropped my bags off.

We grabbed a couple of beers and headed to town and of course to Rock In but that is a tale for tommorrow.

Ha det!

No comments: