Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Getting Older

I was at a meeting out in a business park in the wilds of Dublin where I met an old college friend. I left college about 8 years ago now so we are growing older and becoming respectible members of the community.

I sent my friend a mail saying how it is strange how we are becoming responsible adults but are still idiots on the inside and this is part of his reply...

" 'Tis indeed scary Pat, that we're becoming adults with the minds of children. When I was younger, I often wondered if I'd carry my love of The Simpsons into adulthood, or was I required to mature and stop finding such matters mirthful. I'm delighted to report that I still find the same stupid things funny that I always did. But this suspension of maturation has come at a high price. For example, my mother still bathes me, which I've found more and more awkward as the years have rolled by. Especially as she does so - not in the bath - but in the kitchen sink, regardless of whether we have company. "

Thank you Alan for that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay sure we are all getting older! Nappy comes off after 3 years and goes back on after 80 ... thats life.

Mind you with a head of silver locks in your 20s its all down hill anyway ;)

Mark

RedTomato said...

Comes of at 3 and back on at 80. If you are lucky!

if I get passed 0 without one I will be happy!