Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good Bus driver

I got the bus into work this morning, so I went like a chump to the bus stop. The bus came and I put my €2 in the slot and was told it was now €2.30 for a trip on the 25X. The bus driver was cool, he just gave me my ticket and said don't worry about it.

It took me an hour and ten minutes to get into work, door to door. That's about 35 minutes longer than if I took the bike or 10 minutes longer than if I cycled.

In Norway for 22 Kr (€2.80) you can get a ticket that lasts an hour to go on any mode of public transport, bus, train, tram, ferry. We are really being ripped off over here. The thing that really bugs me is the fact so many people sit there and accept it, like it's ok to spend 2.5 hours a day in traffic not enjoying themselves, not spending time with their families.

Come on people, more bikes, whether motor or push bikes. It's quicker!!!

No comments: