Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Traffic WTF?

I had an appointment in the gym in Westmanstown tonight at 6.20. I left work at 5 in the city centre and considering I'm on a motorbike I thought I would be able to get there. Alas this was not the case.

Traffic in town was pretty light and I hit the N4 without much fuss. With Buslanes and filtering I was at the slip road to lucan in about 35 minutes.

This is where it all went wrong. I went into Lucan, well I say lucan, I got about 200 metres past woodies towards lucan and had to turn back as it was backed up and there was no room for safe filtering. I made my way back onto the N4 and crawled up to the lucan turn off so i could get through the village. Alas and alack, I couldn't evern get towards Laraghcon (it's on the way). So at about 6.15 I turned for home.

I don't have to make that trip often and I feel sorry for anyone who does, but I'm not completely sympathetic.

Not everybody needs to use a car, there are some people that the bus routes are convenient for and tonight the weather wasn't even bad, it was crisp and clear.

Until we get some decent public represenation (canvas your local green TD Paul Gogarty although he might not reply) and start making the effort ourselves it is only going to get worse.

No comments: